Sunday, August 17, 2008

An Unscheduled Appointment

When I walked into the salon Tuesday, there was a large vase with beautiful white roses sitting on my station.


"What's this?", I asked, not waiting for a response. My first client was already in my chair. "Go get shampooed Leah," I told her, as I pulled my jacket off & went into the employees lounge, dropped the jacket on a chair & made myself a cup of coffee.


"Is someone in love?" asked Charles


"Who are they from? They were delivered yesterday." Brad informed me, as he blew dry his clients hair, tousling it with his fingers, for that full volume, slightly tossed look. It was the perfect cut for his young client.


"Don't have the foggiest." I lite a cigarette, pulling the card from the arrangement.It read: "Pure beauty for a pure beauty! Can I buy you a drink now?"


I let out a gasp. Josef walked away from his client & came to my side. Everyone was watching my reaction.


"What is it CeCe?" Josef pulled the card from my fingers, reading it out loud. "Who is this?"


"That's the guy at Ammies, Saturday night. He asked to by me a drink & I declined, told Nikki to put it on my tab."


"You got yourself a secret admirer. lucky girl!" Michele chirped in.


"I don't want an admirer! I don't want someone sending me anything. Heck, now he knows where I work!"


I was really upset about this. I hoped that this person would not pursue me, but my gut feeling was saying this was just the beginning. I removed the roses from my station & sat them on the receptionists desk.


The day ended quickly. I never gave the flowers another thought all day. Michele asked for a rose as we were leaving for the day.


"Take the whole thing. I don't want them."


With that, Josef, Agnes, & Brad each took a rose & Michele went home with the rest.

No comments: