Saturday, July 12, 2008

Monday Morning Trim

I woke up this morning, tired from last nights 'out with the girls',
promising myself never to go out on a Sunday night again, at least
not when I have a FULL book on Monday. A 'full book' is 15-20
haircuts for the day. I'm just starting out in the hairdressing
world, been with my girls for two years now. Men have just
started to 'allow', a female to cut their hair. It's the beginning
of the Unisex era, little did I know that it was going to live on!!

I work in a typical Beauty Salon, Anne Maries House of Beauty,
in an almost all Italian neighborhood in Brooklyn, NY, with 4 other
beauticians & 1 manicurist. I'm guaranteed $150 a week & 30% of
total tickets after I doubled my salary, plus tips. Basically, I need
to ticket $300 plus an additional $150 to make a $200 pay check.
All tips (usually $0.50) are mine.

Not bad for an 18 year old, just venturing out on my own, right?
I mean, I've got my own furnished apartment for 25 bucks a week,
utilities included. I'm living good, & as long as I don't spend all my
money 'with the girls' I'll be okay. I figure I can save enough cash
to put myself though law school in about four years. That's when
I'll really make something of myself... when I enter law school, I
can't wait!

Hell, with all of the stuff that these families are into in the
neighborhood, I should be RICH being their defender & keeping
them out of jail. My cousin Johnny wants to hire me now - HAHA.

Well, off to work with one heck of a hangover... 1964 is promising to
be a good year.

No comments: